Healthcare

Brazil approves MAM takeover of Alliar

M&A Economy & Policy Capital Markets

Anti-trust agency CADE imposes no restrictions on the acquisition of the medical services company by Nelson Tanure's investment firm

Adium takes out syndicated loan

Loans Debt Healthcare

Uruguayan pharmaceutical company borrows $130 mln in a deal arranged by the local branch of Itaú

Mater Dei buys hospital in Goiás

Corporate & Sovereign Strategy Equity M&A

Brazilian hospital network agrees to pay $45 mln for Hospital Premium in state capital Goiânia

M&A growth wanes in Brazilian healthcare sector

Corporate & Sovereign Strategy Equity M&A

Well-capitalized groups and investment funds have sustained M&A activity in 2021, but cross-border deals are declining, Deloitte says

Peru accepts IBRD loan

Corporate & Sovereign Strategy International Financial Institutions World Bank

South American country gets $68 mln to improve its response to public health emergencies

Hospital Sírio-Libanês names new co-CEO

Brazil People Healthcare

Paulo Nigro will run the Brazilian hospital network alongside Fernando Ganem

Ânima weighs IPO for Inspirali

Corporate & Sovereign Strategy Equity IPO

Brazilian for-profit education company plots a course for the stock market after agreeing to sell 25% of its medical division to DNA Capital for $178 mln

MAM pays high price to woo Alliar shareholders

Corporate & Sovereign Strategy Equity M&A

Brazilian asset management company could end up spending $411 mln to buy the medical services company, analyst says

Mater Dei draws from IPO funds for acquisition

Corporate & Sovereign Strategy Equity M&A

Brazilian healthcare company agrees to pay $55 mln for a hospital and a medical imaging center in Minas Gerais as part of its expansion plans

Mexico not expected to draw from IMF credit line

International Financial Institutions Economy & Policy Funds

Mexico has no need to tap a $50 bln FCL because it has enough reserves to face a crisis, analyst says

MAM raises stakes for Alliar

Corporate & Sovereign Strategy Equity M&A

Nelson Tanure's asset management firm increases its offer to buy the Brazilian medical services group

Genomma Lab may raise debt to produce vaccines

Debt Funds Latin America

Mexican pharmaceutical company forms a JV with Israel's Oramed to make and market oral COVID-19 vaccines in Latin America

IDB funds recovery in Colombia, Ecuador

Debt Loans Economy & Policy

US-based development bank lends $800 mln to Colombia and $500 mln to Ecuador along with a $400 mln contingency loan to Guatemala

Hermes Pardini acquires smaller rival in São Paulo

Corporate & Sovereign Strategy Equity M&A

Belo Horizonte-based medical diagnostics company agrees to pay $18 mln for 60% of IACS with the option to buy the other 40% in five years

Viveo uses debt, equity proceeds on acquisitions

Corporate & Sovereign Strategy Equity M&A

Brazilian medical supplies company has spent around $185 mln on M&A so far, source says