LatinFinance is seeking an experienced reporter in New York to join a growing local and regional editorial team. An integrated publishing and events business, LatinFinance provides incisive news and commentary about finance and capital markets in Latin America and the Caribbean through its flagship magazine and digital platforms. A successful candidate must be able to develop relationships with senior market participants, while developing and writing daily news items and long-form magazine features.
The reporter will:
- Break news from the capital markets, in both New York and the region, for digital daily newsletters and the LatinFinance
- Generate original feature story ideas, exclusive interviews with top decision makers in both the financial markets and governments
- Write feature articles for the quarterly magazine
- Speak and/or moderate panel discussions at LatinFinance conferences and other events
- Be able to travel throughout Latin America and the US when necessary
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an excellent writer with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience and willingness to learn
- Be able to analyze complex financial and economic data
- Have a clear understanding of how capital markets operate
- Be able to interact effectively with senior decision-makers in government, business and finance
- Speaking and writing Spanish (preferred). Knowledge of Portuguese is an added advantage.
This position is New York-based. We offer competitive salary and benefits, including 401K. Interested candidates please send resume with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include links to articles you have written or edited.