Bank of the Year & Bank of the Year Honduras

Bank of the Year & Bank of the Year Honduras

Corporate & Sovereign Strategy Bonds

A decade ago, Honduras’ Grupo Financiero Ficohsa set out to expand its loan portfolio and position itself as a leading consumer bank in Central America. Ficohsa’s portfolio lacked balance at the time — corporate loans made up 94% of the business and consumer banking lagged behind with the remaining 6%. This year, following a strategy that has included acquisitions, IT developments and a revised focus on small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), Ficohsa has expanded consumer lending to comprise 25% of the portfolio. But the most eye-catching developments have been Ficohsa’s acquisitions. At the start of the 12-month period under consideration for the Bank of the Year Award — July 2014 —

Already have an account?

Free trial

Take a free two-week trial now for the latest news, data and market analysis.

Free Trial