Marfrig sets up shop in Paraguay

Marfrig sets up shop in Paraguay

M&A Brazil Paraguay

Brazilian meat packing company Marfrig said Friday that it signed a non-binding agreement to form a joint venture with the Paraguayan Association of Meat Producers and Exporters, or APPEC. Marfrig plans to invest up to $100 million over two years and take an 85% stake in the new company, it said in a securities filing. APPEC will have the other 15%, Marfrig added. The São Paulo-based meatpacker is using the acquisition of National Beef in the United States as a model for the joint venture with A

Already have an account?

Free trial

Take a free two-week trial now for the latest news, data and market analysis.

Free Trial