Afya buys private university

Afya buys private university

M&A Equity Brazil

Brazilian medical education group Afya said on Friday that it agreed to buy the private university Centro Universitário São Lucas, or UniSL, for $342 million ($77.8 million). Afya will take on BRL140 million in debt and pay 70% of the purchase price in cash upon closing the deal. It will pay the remaining 30% in three equal annual installments through 2023, adjusted by the DI interbank lending rate, Afya said in a press release. UniSL, a medical school in the state of Rondônia, recorded BRL228 m

Already have an account?

Free trial

Take a free two-week trial now for the latest news, data and market analysis.

Free Trial