Acciona takes over São Paulo subway line

Acciona takes over São Paulo subway line

Project & Infrastructure Finance M&A Regulation Brazil Europe

Spanish developer Acciona has taken over the contract to build and operate Line 6-Orange of the São Paulo urban transit system, the state government's commuter rail company, Companhia Paulista de Trens Metropolitanos (CPTM), has confirmed. Acciona has acquired a 70% stake in the Move São Paulo consortium, but the original shareholders – Odebrecht, Queiroz Galvão and UTC – hold on to the remaining 30%, according to CPTM. The state secretary for urban transportation is expected to approve the deal

Already have an account?

Free trial

Take a free two-week trial now for the latest news, data and market analysis.

Free Trial