Hochschild Mining buys rare earth deposit in Chile

Hochschild Mining buys rare earth deposit in Chile

M&A Equity Chile Peru Andean

Hochschild Mining said it has acquired full ownership of the BioLatanidos rare earth deposit in Chile for $56.3m. Hochschild initially invested $2.5m last year for 6.2% of BioLatanidos. It has now bought the other 93.8% from a fund managed by the Chilean private equity investor Minería Activa, the London-listed precious metals company said in a statement. "Although the amount invested represents a small percentage of Hochschild's current precious metal revenue and market capitalisation, it provi

Already have an account?

Free trial

Take a free two-week trial now for the latest news, data and market analysis.

Free Trial