Brookfield, Abertis Eye OHL Brasil Stake

Brookfield, Abertis Eye OHL Brasil Stake

Brazil Europe M&A Canada

Brookfield Infrastructure and Spain’s Abertis are in discussion to create a joint venture to own a 60% interest in OHL Brasil, Brookfield says. It sees a $1.7bn value, comprised of $1.1bn in equity and $600m in assumed debt. Abertis would own 51% of the JV, and Brookfield and certain institutional partners 49%. If successful in acquiring the controlling 60% stake, the JV would be required to tender for the remaining 40% of the shares. The Brazilian road concession operator is currently controlle

Already have an account?

Free trial

Take a free two-week trial now for the latest news, data and market analysis.

Free Trial