Marfrig China JVs Seen as Strategic

Marfrig China JVs Seen as Strategic

Brazil M&A

Marfrig’s two Chinese joint ventures with COFCO and Chinwhiz for a combined $147.6m is seen as positive for the Brazilian food company, according to two Brazil-based equity analysts. “This is a positive deal, but it will not impact Marfrig’s revenues,” says one of the analysts. According to the second analyst, the deals will only represent about 3% of Marfrig’s total capex over the next decade. In the COFCO JV, Keystone, a Marfrig subsidiary, will hold a 45% stake and COFCO the remaining 55%. Th

Already have an account?

Free trial

Take a free two-week trial now for the latest news, data and market analysis.

Free Trial