November 17, 2006
Argentina's economy grew by 8% in September, compared with the same month i
Argentina's economy grew by 8% in September, compared with the same month in 2005, and expanded by 0.4% against the previous month of August. The figures for September take cumulative inflation for the first nine months of the year to 8.4%, according to the country's institute of national statistics, INDEC. Industry, agriculture and construction were the sectors driving growth. Overall, the economy is set to expand between 8% and 8.5% this year.